Thursday 11 September 2008

Another Sunny Day - could this be summer?


Struggled rather with this painting - changing light and couldn't quite get to grips with the ledges of rock formation, then couldn't get the colours of the rock pool when the light hit it. But, it was a lovely morning, and it's good to be challenged. 
Scribble enjoyed himself,and amused himself dropping his ball in the rockpools when he wasn't looking and then fishing it out again.
Home then to complete the very large commission I have on the easel. I'm so enjoying this particular work. I have caught myself gazing at it admiringly from the lounge in the evening. How sad am I....I shall, as usual, be sorry to see it go off to it's new home. 
They start to feel like part of the family, these children, and their images become terribly familiar to me over the weeks. 

I once did a surprise cartoon for a man that I later met at a function, and convinced that I knew him, I smiled and nodded, to his bemusement. 
I couldn't think where I knew him from, and eventually he came over to me, probably wondering who the mad smiling and nodding woman was, and we went through this whole rigmarole of where I might have met him as he clearly had no recollection of me......until I mentioned that I was an artist, and then the penny dropped!


No comments: