Friday 17 October 2008

Sunday Painter


After a busy day cleaning up the lifeguard clubhouse from a great party the night before, and ticking off a few jobs, I had time to nip over to Cowbridge and spend a quiet hour or so, tucked away in a corner painting. It had been a gorgeous sunny day, felt like summer - but the sun was low in the sky.  The shadows were longer than I'd wanted, but the slices and blocks of sunshine almost made up for that.
Afterwards I dashed over to Ogmore to catch the sunset - I had a commission to do another sunset pochade after selling the first one.  The sunset was awesome.  A strong, dumping surfline showed purple against the spun copper and turquoise sea.  There were so many people on the beach, watching the sun sink.  I love living this close to the coast.  I am so lucky!

No comments: